5 things in my current WIP pile


CREATIVE CRAFT BY MEL





WIP's. We crocheters all have them and if you say you don't then you're lying haha. Today I am going to take you through 5 things in my current WIP pile!


WIP number 1

(Picture belongs to Britteny's Boutique)

This WIP is not my first but it is my most recent. It is a project I only just started a couple of days ago. It is a Very Hungry Caterpillar which I have been asked to create by a good friend of mine for her latest grandbaby before she arrives! 

The pattern I am following is the Hungry Caterpillar by Britteny's Boutique on Ravelry and it is free! You can find the pattern here: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hungry-caterpillar-4.

This pattern is easy to follow and works up so fast, and look how cute it is! Seriously though, this project cannot stay in my WIP pile for long as it is a gift so I do need to get my butt in to gear and get it finished!! 

(Picture belongs to Creative Craft by Mel)


WIP number 2

(Picture belongs to Natalia from YourLovedToy)

Next up we have a sloth, for my husband who wants it to take to work and sit on his desk (pretty sure the sloth is his spirit animal!). 

I bought this pattern from Natalia of YourLoveToy on Etsy and it is really easy to follow. It uses a small hook and stitch so it does take time to work up but the great thing about it is that it doesn't leave any visible holes in the work which means it looks fantastic. 

I currently have one leg and one arm done and am working on getting it finished soon I hope. Though, as I just found out, I have not done a very good job at storing this particular WIP as I cant find said arm or leg. 

Now hubby has asked if I can make him two deer toys. He wants one that has no eyes and one with no eyes and no legs so he can throw them at his colleagues when they ask him questions - 'no-eye-deer' and 'still-no-eye-deer' 😂 He is a comedian that husband of mine!


WIP number 3

(Picture belongs to Creative Craft by Mel)

WIP number 3 is a Temperature Blanket. This one I was really excited to try, for two reasons. One, I had seen these in crochet groups on Facebook and they were all so unique and beautiful. The second reason is because it was to be a gift for my brand new nephew when he was born. My sister was only 12 weeks pregnant when I started this project and my nephew is now almost 5 months old so as you can see, I have done a great job at finishing this! 

Temperature blankets are worked up based on the temperature of a particular area, hence the name. I chose to work mine in Single Crochet and make it a little bigger than cot size, perfect for a little bub. I decided to do one row for each day while my sister was pregnant, to be a visual reminder of the time he was baking. I created a colour chart with 5-10 degrees of difference between each colour, so the colour of the days row was chosen based on the maximum temperature of the day. It makes a unique and beautiful design with a variety of yellows, oranges, reds, blues etc all worked in together!

It was such a cool idea, I just HAD to try it! Then once I started, I remembered how much I really struggle to make blankets, I fall asleep so easy and they just make me so tired. The only real upside is that I can crochet and watch TV without any major issues. I need to get this one out and get it finished before we get to Autumn again - so I have approximately 6 months before it needs to be ready for cold weather!

WIP number 4

(Picture and design belong to Creative Craft by Mel)

Number 4 is a bag I designed. I found a stitch pattern on Pinterest that looked really unique and that I had not tried before so I picked a nice t-shirt yarn to use which I also haven't used before. I to try making something with t-shirt yarn. I wanted to make a round bag with wooden handles so that is what I designed. Then, when I couldn't find a pair of wooden handles I liked, I designed it with a strap instead. It turns out, when I was replicating the stitch I found, I was actually doing it wrong, but I liked the look so much I went with it! What do you think? 

The bag pictured was my first attempt and was a little too small so I designed a larger version, but I am yet to complete it, hence why this is in my WIP pile. One day I will get around to finishing it I'm sure. Until the next thing comes along at least!

WIP number 5


(Picture and design belong to Creative Craft by Mel)

My fifth and final WIP is a jacket that I have been designing for a few years now and it's one I am very excited to finish! I am loving how this jacket works up, the texture, the look and the feel of it. It is unique and it is all mine and I am excited! 

I am working on eventually finishing and releasing this pattern but before I can do that I need to decide if I want this to be a long sleeve jacket like I originally thought, or something short sleeve as I am finding it had to design the sleeves and honestly I really love the look of the short sleeves. 

I find it hard to work on this project during the hotter months because it is so warm but I really do need to drag it out of hiding and get it finished so I can get this pattern out there in the world!!


Anyway, that is it for today! Which of these WIP's was your favourite? Which one would you most like to see me complete and share? 

Share your favourite WIP's in the comments below!

Until next time!

Mel 


Comments

Popular Posts